Monitors the medical literature/guidelines for company product(s) and relevant competitor data; analyzes the information for accuracy and relevance and appropriately synthesizes the data for inclusion in standard/custom responses and other educational materials. Provides written or verbal responses to individuals requesting medical information by evaluating the scientific merits of published information and extracting pertinent data from the scientific literature. Serves as a therapeutic team resource for product information for both internal and external customers and participates in cross functional initiatives such as publication planning, copy review, etc, as appropriate.
1. Searches, reviews, and summarizes the available data in the published literature, medical textbooks and internal documents to develop Global responses to requests for information on the clinical activity or potential application of marketed/investigational products. Revises Medical Information Global Response Documents to ensure responses reflect all currently available medical information. Reviews and edits Global responses developed by peers.
2. Conducts medical review to ensure clinical accuracy of materials produced by internal business partners (e.g. Medical Affairs slide decks, Scientific Communications)
3. Represents Medical Information at interdisciplinary meetings and related initiatives to provide therapy area information on the company’s products.
4. Represents Global Medical Affairs in copy review committee and related activities to ensure medical accuracy, currency and scientific-balance of promotional materials.
5. Provides written and/or verbal responses to inquiries from health care professionals, consumers, and internal business partners requesting medical information related to Celgene products.
6. Utilizes the appropriate information resources to identify published literature and respond to medical information inquiries; accurately and comprehensively transcribes all aspects of the interaction within the Global Medical Information database.
7. Assists Medical Information Specialist with challenging requests for medical information; provides direction on how to handle specific inquiries. Responds directly to inquiries as needed.
8. Researches and prepares customized responses to medical information inquiries escalated from the front line team.
9. Provides support for sales training initiatives for current products and drug product launches by reviewing and creating sales training materials and participating in clinical product training for sales representatives and others.
10. Independently prepares for and attends medical conferences to provide complete, accurate and timely medical information to healthcare professionals at the conference booth. Serves as conference lead to coordinate Medical Information/Medical Affairs activities.
11. Assumes the lead on key projects for the Global Medical Information Department and coordinates with interdisciplinary partners as required.
12. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
13. Participates in on call schedule to provide 24-hour medical information coverage, as needed.
1. Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values.
2. Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
3. Identifies, obtains pertinent data, and accurately processes any reported adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to Drug Safety and Quality Assurance Complaint department, respectively, in accordance with policy and procedures.
4. Conducts/assists in the overall training of new Medical Information personnel and students in graduate experiential programs to ensure key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
5. Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen.
• Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required
• Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
• Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands
• Demonstrates positive attitude
• Ability to multi task and prioritize projects effectively
• Solutions oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient in MS office applications
• Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings
• Self motivated with exceptional follow through
• Effective interpersonal skills
Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in a pharmaceutical science preferred.
RPh or RN with previous pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information experience considered.
2-4 years of Drug Information, or related Clinical Pharmacy Practice/Managed Care experience required.
Drug Information or clinical residency desired.
2+ years of clinical experience preferred.
Relevant therapeutic background desired.