Our client is in need of a Java Architect who will be responsible for a lead role in the design, testing and maintenance of internal and external web-based applications. The primary areas of responsibility will be customer self-service applications and web-based interfaces into our subscriber management system.
• Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating architecture and design.
• Interpret business requirements and accurately reflect these requirements in the design.
• Present design solutions to the business and development teams.
• Ensure designs are consistent with the existing architecture.
• Contribute to the specification and transition to development of unit, system, integration, stress and user acceptance testing.
• Design to performance requirements in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
• Anticipate and resolve technical problems and solve difficult challenges.
• Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable us to better support our customers.
• Recommend tools and utilities for design, development, testing and management of web-based applications.
• Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
• Follow SLDC methodology including requirements gathering, solution architecture, coding and testing
• Work directly with Interactive, development, production and creative teams throughout all phases of project lifecycles
Requirements and General Skills:
• Expertise with various frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, backbone.js, Handlebars.js, and node.js.
• Contribution to a popular JS framework a plus
• Expertise debugging and performance tuning J2EE and client-side applications
• Deep understanding of web standards including: HTTP, REST and JSON
• Knowledge of advanced CSS and browser performance optimizations
• Expertise coding “responsive” web pages
• Experience with cross-browser limitations and work-around.
• Experience with Git or SVN and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus).